My photo
Boz Towers, Essex, United Kingdom
I'm a Red Hat Society member with a love of crafting of all sorts. A very proud mum to four fabulous children and Nan to six gorgeous grandchildren. I started work as a milliner and now have an abiding love of scrapbooking and card making.

The lovely people that drop by ~ thank you.

Monday, 28 March 2011

Mother's Day

I've been so lucky in having a brilliant mother-in-law having lost my own mum many many years ago.  She told me a little while ago that if I ever bought her a shop card instead of making her one she would never speak to me again. I believed her!  So, here's her card already to go into a box and post.

The paper is by SU as is the Baja Breeze blue card, all purchased from Mrs Fab aka Monica here.  The focal image is called Verity from Sugar Nellie, flowers by Wild Orchid Crafts, pearls from the Dollar Store in Canada, ribbon from the US by Sharon of Stamp Simply and the gorgeous sentiment is from Netty's Cards.  Pay her a visit as she has several beautiful sentiments on her blog. Thank you for sharing, Netty.

















I'd like to enter this card into the following:


Cupcake Craft Challenges  135 ~ Flowers for Mum
Wild Orchid Challenge 20 ~ A Sketch 
Papertake Weekly Challenge: It's a Mom Thing 
Delightful Challenges ~ Pastels & Ribbon 
The Shabby Tea Room Week #55  Flower Palette
Let's Craft and Create Challenge #15 Mums the Word 
OSAAT Challenge 55 Mothers Day 

20 comments:

Scrappy Scatty said...

so very nice xx

Mandy said...

Hi Jennie,

Your card is lovely. Thank you so much for coming at joining us at Let's Craft and Create.

Mandy

Addams said...

Lovely card,love the inverted scallops and the image

Charlene said...

What a stunning card! I love that sweet image and LO...Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Netty said...

I love this card, the papers are lovely. Thanks for using my sentiment and giving the credit back to me! Really kind. Annette xx

dragonllew said...

Lovely card the colours are fab

Kezzy said...

Wow what a wonderfully stunning card its gorgeous.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card!! Such a lovely image! Thank you for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs....
Melissa
TSTR DT

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful card Jennie, I love the soft colours xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jennie, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and papers you've used. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Antonia said...

can I be your Mum for a day!!! the card is beautiful :)

Louise said...

Gorgeous card Jennie, such a beautiful image too.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, just love the colours!

Thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Kristin said...

This is just beautiful. from the stamp to the paper and the flowers. Supurb job! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

Hugs,
Kristin

leslierahye said...

Great card! Beautiful image. Love your use of pastels and ribbon! Thank you for joining Delightful Challenges this week!

elsi67 said...

So sweet :) Thanks for playing with us at Wild Orchid Crafts ♥

Debs said...

Gorgeous, fabulous die cuts and beautiful image, thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT this week
Debs
xxx

Shelly said...

Great project and gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week! Shelly x

Mad-Frog said...

Beautiful card, that image is my favourite x

Made by Mandy said...

What a beautiful card, love the subtle colouring and that paper is lovely. I know what you mean about not giving a chop bought card. Everyone expects handmade whether you've got time or not ! Your MIL will love this :)

Many thanks for joining in with our Mother's Day or Baby challenge over at OSAAT

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)