My photo
Boz Towers, Essex, United Kingdom
I'm a Red Hat Society member with a love of crafting of all sorts. A very proud mum to four fabulous children and Nan to six gorgeous grandchildren. I started work as a milliner and now have an abiding love of scrapbooking and card making.

The lovely people that drop by ~ thank you.

Monday 19 August 2013

Just A little Bit Late

Sunday saw a another fab challenge over on the OSAAT blog and I'm a little late in getting my post on here.  This week's theme is 'Back To School'. You can use a Stitchy Bear image as many times as you like but allowed only three entries with a non-Stitchy image.  You must link back to our blog and no backlinking, it must be a new creation after our blog goes live.

Our sponsor this week is Creative Craftworld with three Promarkers for the selected winner using a Stitchy image.  All entries with a non-Stitchy image will be placed in a draw for $3 to spend in the store.

For my card this week I chose the gorgeous image, 'Little Mermaid' by Barb Jensen.


Isn't she gorgeous? The background paper is from a paper pack called Ocean Blue created by Panda Bear Designs. I love these papers. The Little Mermaid was coloured with a mix of blue and green  Promarkers and Flexmarkers  and her tail was highlighted with this new sparkle pen called a Wink of Stella, it's available from Joanna Sheen. My mermaid went back to shoal!  Does anyone out there get my odd sense of humour, I'd love to know.  I would like to enter the following:-

The Squirrel and The Fox - Challenge  #50 - Whimsical
Brown Sugar Challenge # 55 - Green, Blue and White
Daring Cardmakers: Colours of the Sea 
Digi Haven - Sea Life Challenge

6 comments:

Ingrid Mason said...

So glad you finally posted your card Jennie ....I've spent two days trying to work out how a mermaid could ever equate to 'back to school' I love your creative 'twist' on the theme. Very original and clever. Oh, would you like me to mention your card or is my admiration of your humour enough? Actually, I love the backing paper .....perfect for that lovely mermaid who looks so happy having got back to shoal. Xx ps: worth waiting for xx

Mimi said...

Gorgeous and clever card :), the backing paper is just perfect with the digi and what can be said about the sentiment - yep, off the wall, warped sense of humour and just right You can come off you naughty stool now lol. Hugs Jane

Unknown said...

Jennie you have made a lovely card.

Great mermaid image and I love how you have matched it up with the backing paper.

Thanks for sharing with us at Brown Sugar.

Tracey DTxx

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful mermaid and card! I love the under the sea background! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Haven!

happyglitzygirl said...

Lovely card, great colouring, thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x