My photo
Boz Towers, Essex, United Kingdom
I'm a Red Hat Society member with a love of crafting of all sorts. A very proud mum to four fabulous children and Nan to six gorgeous grandchildren. I started work as a milliner and now have an abiding love of scrapbooking and card making.

The lovely people that drop by ~ thank you.

Sunday 3 May 2015

Retired! Thats Me!

After many, many years at work I am now officially retired. I'm hoping I can now take part in lots more challenges on the One Stitch At A Time challenge blog (OSAAT). I also promised my self as a New Year that I would post more of the other cards I make and get them entered into challenges. Well, that didn't very long but now I have no excuse, do I?

For our challenge over on the OSAAT blog this week our theme is, Anything Goes With A Special Lady'.



My Mum and Mum in Law are no longer with us so I'm dedicating this card to all my long term friends, they're scattered across the world and the internet. 

I chose to work with a beautiful set of papers by Panda Bear Designs called 'Imagine' and a lovely sentiment by Stitchy called 'Just between Friends' and you can find them here.

I chose to use two of the papers by Panda Bear Designs and distress the edges of the orange one. I've used some TH ink in Marigold to darken the edges. The Spellbinders die Labels 47 Decorative Elements was used to cut the fancy frame. I've used the Heartfelt Creations Delightful Daisy stamp and die onto more of the orange paper for the flowers and used a couple of Sue Wilson's dies for the leaves.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Simply stunning Jennie, you are the master of cards with sentiments, I don't think I have seen one that I have not fallen in love with :) Big hugs Jane xxxx

Ali said...

Congratulations on your retirement - enjoy all your extra time :-) look forward to seeing your makes xxx

Margaret said...

So gorgeous! Love how you framed the sentiment with the lattice lace frame and your layout with the flowers is just beautiful. I'm so jealous of your retirement. Enjoy. I hope to be retired in about 3 years. Maggie - DT Teamie