My photo
Boz Towers, Essex, United Kingdom
I'm a Red Hat Society member with a love of crafting of all sorts. A very proud mum to four fabulous children and Nan to six gorgeous grandchildren. I started work as a milliner and now have an abiding love of scrapbooking and card making.

The lovely people that drop by ~ thank you.

Sunday 5 February 2017

Its a New Year and a new challenge blog

Lets start off by introducing the new challenge blog:

                                International Art and Soul



My teamies and I are all old friends and we would love you to join us as we begin this creative journey together.  We will have fortnightly themes for you to follow and create whatever pleases you as long as it fits in with our theme.

The very first challenge is 'Love is in the Air' and for my tag I had bucket loads of inspiration from Christina Griffiths and you can find her gorgeous blog below. I was lucky enough to win one of Christina's beautiful tags to inspire me.   Christine has an amazing amount of videos on Youtube now and she shows you how to make something from start to finish, please check them out and her blog too. Flowers Ribbons and Pearls 




My tag was cut using the Tattered Lace Tags die which is great as there are so many sizes to choose from. I've covered it with a scrap piece of Graphic 45 paper and added lots of glitter.  I glued down a piece of lace and then added a mixture of flowers from Anna Marie Designs, Ribbon Girl and Wild Orchid Crafts.  Behind the flowers sits a piece of cheesecloth and a Memory Box die called La Rue Flourish.  The key I pick up in Paperchase in York, I think, the words are self generated.

Please join us on a craft journey and post your creation to our blog, just click on the link in the International Heart and Soul heading above.

5 comments:

Hazel said...

Your tag is beautiful. Love the lace and flowers. Hazel x

Margaret said...

Wow! This is stunning. I love all the lace and flowers. Speaks to my heart. So happy to be back together with the Design Team. Hugs, Maggie - DT Sister

pam said...

Gorgeous tag Jennie, love all your layers of lace, paper and flowers.
Pam x

Mimi said...

Oh Jennie, this tag is truly magical, a real work of art. I love you colour theme and well just could keep on going with the love this and love that as I am rather partial to lace, pearls, flowers etc. they always look so wonderful when placed together :) :) So happy you and all our other lovely ladies are still on our 'family' team together :) :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxx

KalySto said...

Such beautiful vintage tag!
Thanks for playing in the RIBBON GIRL card challenge and good luck.
Hugs,
Kaly