My photo
Boz Towers, Essex, United Kingdom
I'm a Red Hat Society member with a love of crafting of all sorts. A very proud mum to four fabulous children and Nan to six gorgeous grandchildren. I started work as a milliner and now have an abiding love of scrapbooking and card making.

The lovely people that drop by ~ thank you.

Wednesday 18 May 2016

My First Try At Mixed Media

I've just spent a fab weekend with my very talented Sis-in-Law and using some gorgeous mixed media techniques on a front cover of a memories book. I'm creating this as my grandson said to me recently that he knew very little about my early childhood. So here goes.


We've used a stencils from Sweet Poppy Stamps and Creative Expressions, Tonic Studios Memories die cut (4layers) and a Memory Box corner.  We sprayed the cover with a mix of Phil Martin's Ink Spray Mist, Cosmic Shimmer mists and some American Crafts Mt Huey's colour mists.

I'm quite pleased with the outcome of my very first attempt at Mixed Media and would like to enter the following challenge:

Anything But Cute Challenge No.13 Celebrate Your Style

2 comments:

sarascloset said...

Congratulations on your very first go at mixed media! And I have to say you did a MARVELOUS job! Thank you for sharing your work with us at Anything But Cute where we are Celebrating Your Style! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh wow, you really nailed it with your first attempt. I really love your choice of stencil and colors. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Anything But Cute. - Autumn