My photo
Boz Towers, Essex, United Kingdom
I'm a Red Hat Society member with a love of crafting of all sorts. A very proud mum to four fabulous children and Nan to six gorgeous grandchildren. I started work as a milliner and now have an abiding love of scrapbooking and card making.

The lovely people that drop by ~ thank you.

Wednesday 6 October 2010

A Grown-up Grand-daughter

Our eldest grand-daughter celebrated her birthday this month and it's amazing how quickly time has just flown by.  She is such a young lady now (ears pierced and beautiful highlights in her hair) that a more grown up card seemed fitting. 
This is my very first attempt at using a Sweet Pea stamp and sadly the light during the evening is not very good and casts shadows.

The lace was given to me and the flowers I've coloured with a Copic pen. The flourish was cut on the Cricut and I used a Martha Stewart punch on the purple edge.  The glitter on the moons and her wings and dress are looking a little subdued with the light that was available

A big THANKS! to Melissa for updating her challenge lists, it's so helpful.

I would like to enter this card into the following:

Incy Wincy Designs  Challenge 62 - Sparkly Glitter

12 comments:

PepPop said...

Jennie she's gorgeous. It's such a delicate and stunning card. Jaqui x

dragonllew said...

Gorgeous card

Susan (aka TomsMom) said...

Absolutely lovely. The DP and lace are gorgeous. Romani will love it.

Julie (elysia2003) said...

What a beautiful card and what a lovely name the birthday girl has!

I love sweetpea stamps. They are more grown up without going over the top, like you say.

There were lots of anything goes on Pile it on. Have a look on my blog (the grandparents day one) if you can't find them.

Take care xxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Jennie this is truly stunning, I love the image anyway, but the colours you've used are simply beautiful. I'm sure your grandaughter is going to love this card. x

Highland Handmade said...

Simply stunning, I bet she loves it! xx

Uma said...

beautiful image and card

Addams said...

Lovely card, the lace is gorgeous

Unknown said...

i love the lace border x

Karen said...

Beautiful and elegant xx

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Jennie, beautiful colours and a stunning image x

Angie - Bumble Bee's Craft Den said...

Gorgeous card Jennie - very pretty colours and the image is great for your grand-daughter.