My photo
Boz Towers, Essex, United Kingdom
I'm a Red Hat Society member with a love of crafting of all sorts. A very proud mum to four fabulous children and Nan to six gorgeous grandchildren. I started work as a milliner and now have an abiding love of scrapbooking and card making.

The lovely people that drop by ~ thank you.

Wednesday 3 May 2017

Vintage!

Its time for a new challenge at International Art and Soul here and our challenge for the next two weeks is Vintage.

For my card this week I had  root around in my stash for some vintage looking paper that must be at least five years old. This background paper was a 12 x 12 sheet and I've used it before and had cut off the paper info.


The image came from a card set that I've had for years. (its definitely going to be vintage!) All the images are of children and I love the sepia tones of it. The ribbon roses came from the US ages ago from a lovely lady called Sharon Johnson and her store, The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. I'm not sure if Sharon still has these colours but her store is a joy to wander around and her blog is brilliant.  There's a little WOC flower from the bottom of my flowers box and the leaves are a Marianne die from ages ago too. Three little black pearls to finish off. The little tag is from a Tonic die that was a freebie at Christmas.

I find lots of information about magazine freebies coming up  from Christina Griffiths and her brilliant blog called, Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls. Christina also has lots of videos on Youtube with some great ideas and will give you lots of inspiration on how to use the magazine dies and stamps..  Who doesn't love a freebie?

If you drop by, please let me know as I am happy to come and visit you.

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Yay, you're here. A beautiful vintage card with an image of a little girl who looks remarkably like I did as a young child. The bow in the hair is definitely mine. I love those flowers down the side and altogether it looks superb. Hazel x

pam said...

This is gorgeous Jennie, love the vintage look and beautiful image, those ribbon roses and your embellishment are stunning.
Hugs Pam x