My photo
Boz Towers, Essex, United Kingdom
I'm a Red Hat Society member with a love of crafting of all sorts. A very proud mum to four fabulous children and Nan to six gorgeous grandchildren. I started work as a milliner and now have an abiding love of scrapbooking and card making.

The lovely people that drop by ~ thank you.

Wednesday 10 June 2009


I'm off out tomorrow with lots of Red Hatters, it's Queen Cass's birthday lunch at Prezzo's in Brentwood. Each Red Hat chapter has a Queen, Queen Mum or a First Lady. I didn't want to make anything in red and purple, so I decided on using black,white and a red embellishment and acetate as an overlay with the greeting embossed. The flowers I bought back from the US as they were so reasonably priced. I took this picture very early in the morning and you can see part of my reflection at the bottom.

5 comments:

Fifi Folle said...

Fab card! I always like monotone cards & the flower really adds to it & jumps out at you. Simple but very effective. I'm sure Queen Cass will love it! x

Karen said...

Gorgeous classy card!!

Emma said...

So classy it could walk it by itself ! I love it and you have inspired me to give black and white a go myself x

Gem said...

beautiful card, love the black and white with just a touch of red, so classy :) xx

Sarah said...

What a striking card, it is gorgeous x