My photo
Boz Towers, Essex, United Kingdom
I'm a Red Hat Society member with a love of crafting of all sorts. A very proud mum to four fabulous children and Nan to six gorgeous grandchildren. I started work as a milliner and now have an abiding love of scrapbooking and card making.

The lovely people that drop by ~ thank you.

Sunday 22 January 2012

One Stitch at a Time Challenge # 97 Round & Round

Over on the OSAAT challenge blog the theme this week is Round & Round. I chose this gorgeous image of a snow leopard as my inspiration, the image is called Winter Wonder by Delicious Doodles.  Isn't it beautiful and lends itself to a monochrome look so well, all that I've done is add a liitle colour here and there in the leopard and just coloured the girl's skin and hair.  My camera didn't pick up the glitter I've used on her dress and gloves but it is there.  I cut a Grand Nestabilities scallop circle in white as the base and just edged it with silver ink.  I then layered on a black scallop circle and topped that with a plain circle of Pink Petticoat's Tiny Leopard Prints in Shimmer.  The image I've mat & layered in matt silver and black.  A computer generated sentiment and a black moire silk knotty bow to finish.

10 comments:

Highland Handmade said...

Beautiful card, love the monochrome look and love the paper! x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Jennie, love that image x

CG said...

Oh, so lovely! Love how you distressed the white piece. Gorgeous!

Marjo said...

Gorgalicious, love it.

xoxo Marjo

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Gorgeous card Jennie. Hugs Julie x

Nikki Byrne said...

This is stunning!! Love the B&W . NIKKI

Hazel said...

Lovely, I popped by on Sunday but missed your card. I'm glad I came back to check it out, it's beautiful. Hazel x

Made by Mandy said...

That's a fabulous image and the way you have treated it is extremely effective. Really gorgeous card, well done :)

Love Mandy xxx

Josephine said...

Absolutely beautiful - I love the combination of the rectangular image and round card - it's really effective!

Mad-Frog said...

Gorgeous card love the papers